Friday, June 5, 2009

The End of a Chapter!

Well, I am officially no longer a teacher...in a formal setting that is....I know I will always be a teacher! I must say that I did have a little bit of a break down when, in my excitement, I turned around to tell Bryson, "Bryson guess what! Mommy is not a teacher anymore!" And then it hit me...I just walked out of the building as a teacher for the last time (and I cried). Don't get me wrong...I am so excited and greatful that I am able to stay home with Bryson, but it is just a little weird knowing that I won't go back anymore, knowing that someone else will be taking over my classroom and my kids! I know it will probably hit me even more mid August when everyone else in my life....and I mean everyone....husband, mom, dad, brother 1, sister in law, and brother 2 will all be going back to school! So for now I am going to enjoy the summer with my family, try to get some new routines into place and start to figure out this whole stay at home mom thing! I know it is going to be the hardest yet most rewarding job I will ever have and I will never regret the decision that we made! So for now "so long" to the world of education!

Just for fun a picture of my precious BIG BOY!!



2 comments:

619 Barnett Blvd. said...

You wont ever regret it!!!! When August comes you wont even think twice!!! Your right, it is the hardest but most rewarding job!!! Rhian Grace is the best boss, and my paycheck is full of kisses, cant get any better!!!!

Bethany said...

It is so wonderful! It will probably be a little weird in August- it was weird for me the first August, and I hadn't even been working as long as you had. But for my whole life, I've always had something to go back to in August. There was a bit of a feeling of "what am I going to do???" but also a HUGE feeling of relief that I didn't HAVE to do anything!! Except stay home and play with my baby. :)