Friday, November 26, 2010

Let the Holiday Season Begin!!

I love this time of year! I love the lights, I love the food : ), I love the decorations and I LOVE the smells! I am one of those annoying people that can't wait for Thanksgiving week so that I can decorate for Christmas...mind you I've already been listening to Christmas music for a month! It's not that I don't love Thanksgiving b/c I do, it's just Christmas makes me so happy... especially since I've had kids!

Our family has some awesome traditions this time of year and I love getting to do things with my kids that I remember doing as a kid! Of course, we have started some new traditions also and one of those traditions is quickly becoming my favorite and we are doing it tomorrow night! We call this our Progressive Tree Decorating Dinner! We start at Jansen/Crystals house with appetizers. We all munch on chips and dip while decorating their tree! Then, we move to our house! This year I'm making a big pot of chili and we will decorate my tree and then eat our main course! Finally, we head to Mom/Dad's house. They have the biggest tree, by far, so it takes quite a bit longer to do theirs! Here, we have our dessert and finish up the tree decorating! It is just a really fun thing and the kids get a kick out of decorating everyone's trees. I'll post some pics after the big event! : )

Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great time visiting with family and eating LOTS of AMAZING food! We even had a special visitor come to remind the kids to be on their VERY best behavior over the next month. Here are a few pics of that special visit!


No comments: