Monday, August 4, 2008

Where the heck did summer go?!?!

Okay, I just cannot believe how fast the summer went! I know most teachers say that every year but this summer was ridiculous. I don't even feel like we got a break! Now I know all the corporate world people out their are thinking..."poor you" but seriously this summer went so fast! Matthew started football stuff today so his summer is over and Bryson and I were up at school for several hours starting the long process of getting my room ready for 570 kids to come through for the next 187 days! On a good note...I am pretty sure my huge music carpet got ordered for my room today! It was on sale so we got it at a good price and I am so excited about it! It is going to be such an awesome learning tool for my kids...especially the little ones! Anyway, Bryson and I are gonna go hang out with his sitter and his friend and his mom(from the sitter) so that the boys can get reaquainted with each other and Lisa! Have I ever mentioned how much we love our baby sitter! I cannot imagine having to go to work everyday and leaving him with anyone other than Lisa! She loves him so much and I really do think he loves her too! She is amazing and lives practically at the back door of my school so I tend to sneak over there during lunch at times! Anyway! Well, I guess I should go finishing cleaning up the kitchen. We had sloppy joes for dinner tonight and boy were they sloppy! Bryson made quite the mess and between playing, bath time and getting him to bed I just haven't gotten to cleaning yet! And of course if you know anything about Texas Football you know that Matt is not home from practice yet and it is almost 9:00! Man I love football season!!! No, really I do, it just will take me a few weeks to get back into the swing of things! Later~

1 comment:

Amy Fletcher said...

Girl, I feel ya! I was at school today (reluctantly) for a Gimme 5 meeting (more like Gimme a Break.) It doesn't seem real, like we're not really going back yet. Stupid calendar...