Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jobs Stink!!

I will say that I looked forward to teaching my whole life and now that I'm doing it I'm ready to not be!! I know that it all has to do with the fact that I want so bad to be staying home with my beautiful son but I'm telling you...I'm sooooo ready for summer!! I just find myself getting annoyed with the smallest things lately when it comes to my kids at school! I try to be patient but I'm like, "come on we are in the 31st week of school you should know by now!" I really miss teaching middle school (I know I'm weird to haved loved such an akward age, but I did). I'm so tired of teaching kids things that their parents should be teaching them! I don't get paid enough to be a teacher, mom and dad to 600 kids everyday!!

I've decided to do a social experiment! ( not really, but I wish someone would so that I can read about it someday!) I think that it is time for the pendelum of discipline to swing back the other way! I think the generation that has kids in elementary school right now, for the most part...and I'm sure their are exceptions...did a lousy job at teaching kids discipline of any kind. The kids are unorganized, unable to sit for more than 5 minutes, and think they have the right to talk back to anyone...including adults...that they don't agree with!! I can't stand it!!

What I'm wondering is: if people who are my age (25 or so) are watching how kids are behaving now will that influence they way they raise their children since most of us are just now starting to have kids. I know from watching these kids every day I have a list about a mile long that I want to make sure my kids can do before they go to school...#1 on the list...tie their own stinkin' shoes!

1 comment:

staceypayne said...

hey, i'm bethany's friend that lived in conroe for a while, i read blogs that she reads sometimes and i totally agree with you about kids today! i have been subbing in CA since i moved back early this year and it's amazing the lack of discipline these kids today have and lack of total respect. i've taught everywhere from grades k-8 and i have a new appreciation for what my parents taught me when i was growing up! great blog!